We advise a broad range of clients including retirees, corporate executives, business owners, professionals, affluent families, clients in transition and do-it-yourself investors. We offer a range of financial planning services depending on your needs.
- How much do I need to retire comfortably?
- How much do I need to save for retirement? Am I on track to meeting my retirement goal?
- When can I afford to retire?
- When should I apply for CPP benefits?
- When should I start withdrawing from my RRSP?
- What happens to my RRSP once I turn 71?
- How can I minimize my family’s tax bill?
- What accounts should I withdraw from first (my RRSPs or my non-registered investments), in order to cover my retirement expenses while paying the least amount of tax possible?
Financially-Assisting Children and Grandchildren
- How can I help my children financially?
- Should I set up an RESP for my grandchildren?
- How much should I contribute to my child’s RESP to pay for post-secondary costs?
- My child has special needs. Should I set up an RDSP for him?
- How much do I need to earn on my investments to reach my goals?
- Do I have the right mix of investments in my portfolio?
- What would happen to my spouse and/or children if I become disabled tomorrow?
- What would happen to my family if I died tomorrow? Do I have enough life insurance?
- If I died today, how can I protect my spouse whose financial knowledge is limited?
- Do I need a will?
- How much wealth will I have when I die and what’s the best way to distribute it to my heirs?
- What is a power of attorney for property? Do I need a power of attorney?
Philanthropy and Legacy Planning
- What’s the best way of leaving money to my favourite charity?
- How can I create a lasting legacy?
Clients in Transition
- Should I take the lump sum severance payment or the salary continuance?
- Would I be better off with the lump sum commuted value of my pension or should I choose a deferred pension?
- Should I convert my group benefits to a personal plan?
- How can I take money out of my company and pay the least amount of tax possible?
- Should I be receiving salary or dividends from my company?
- Should I wind up my holding company?
- What are my options regarding business succession planning?
For answers to these questions and more, please contact us by phone or email.