Once the initial planning engagement is completed, for our clients who want an ongoing relationship with us, a retainer arrangement works best. The client pays an annual fee in advance for work to be performed later. The amount of the retainer provides for a specified number of hours of our time and could include the following:”A retainer agreement focuses on achieving your financial goals and the work necessary to do so.”
- Plan updates
- Availability to discuss financial issues as they arise
- Assistance with and monitoring of implementation items in order to stay on track
- Attendance at meetings with other professionals
- Financial coaching
- Assessing the potential impact of changing tax legislation
- Referrals to our network of professionals
- Tax return preparation
- Other work as requested
Clients who use a retainer arrangement tend to follow through with implementation items and, as a result, are more on track with their financial goals. In addition, they are more confident that they can deal with financial challenges in life. They also like being able to pick up the phone and talk to the one person who knows everything about their personal and financial situation. The terms of our retainer arrangements are fully disclosed in our Retainer Arrangement Letter.
Our retainer arrangements are available in packages of 10, 15 and 20 hours.
Please contact us to determine if a retainer arrangement is right for you.